Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Abdel-Shafy assists as Al Ahli smash Ittihad in Jeddah Derby
The Egyptian left-back impressed through the whole game and was a real threat for his side against the Tigers as he assisted the first goal of his side.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) November 22, 2015
Al Ahli entered the derby so early and managed to translate their control in the fifth minute into a goal as Eslam Hassan Serag met Abdel-Shafy impressive cross with his head to put his side into the lead.
Al Ahli went on with their possession, however, missed a chance for the second goal as Omar Al Soma failed to make Abdel-Shafy’s cross into the net and put it easily into Ittihad’s keeper hands.
In the 20th minute, Al Ahli doubled their lead as Omar Al Soma managed to score the second for his side and his seventh this season to become the league’s current top scorer.
In the 35th minute Al Ahli were awarded a penalty as Al Soma was tackled inside the box to take it himself but the Syrian international failed to score from the spot and put the ball away.
The third goal comes for Al Ahli in the 83rd minute as Ali Al Zubaidi put the ball easily into the Ittihad’s net to secure his side the three points.
Al Ahli continued their unbeaten run in the league as they raise their points into 17 just one point away from the league leaders Al Hilal, while Ittihad have suffered their second loss this season to move down to the 4th position with 13 points.