Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Enrique: Injured Salah and Gervinho are important to Roma’s style of play
Barcelona boss Luis Enrique sees counter attacks as Roma’s biggest threats, believing that the injured Salah and Gervinho are important in the transition for their counters.
Luis Enrique spoke to the media in a press conference ahead of his team’s game at home against AS Roma in the 5th Round of UEFA Champions league group stage.
“Thinking about the first match at the Olimpico, I would say counter attacks without a doubt. However, I know that Mohamed Salah and Gervinho are both out injured and they are key to this type of game,” Luis Enrique said when asked about Roma’s strengths.
Pjanic also spoke to the media along side Rudi Garcia ahead of the game believing that his role won’t be affected by the injuries that the club suffers from.
“We are missing players, but we will still try to come up with answers as we have a big enough squad to cope,” Pjanic said.
Roma arrived at Barcelona without their injured players Salah, who suffered an injured ankle against Lazio, and Gervinho who picked up a thigh injury in the his country’s game against Liberia and will be absent for 3 weeks.
Roma are facing Barcelona on Tuesday night in Group E as they are placed second in the group with five points, five points away from leaders Barcelona and just one point from third-placed Leverkusen.