Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
VIDEO: Karim Hafez wins penalty as Omonia defeat Aris
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played full 90 minutes and won a penalty as Omonia beat Aris Limassol 1-0 away in the 11th week of Cypriot first division.
Hafez was awarded a controversial penalty in the 44th-minute. Cillian Sheridan scored from the spot to give the three points to Nicosia.
Hafez was shown a yellow card in the injury time of the first half to get his second consecutive card in the league after he was booked in his team’s last game against APOEL.
The win raised Omonia’s points to 19 after 11 games, moving them temporary to the 5th position, while Aris stayed in the 8th position with 13 points.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.