Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
VIDEO: Karim Hafez wins penalty as Omonia defeat Aris
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played full 90 minutes and won a penalty as Omonia beat Aris Limassol 1-0 away in the 11th week of Cypriot first division.
Hafez was awarded a controversial penalty in the 44th-minute. Cillian Sheridan scored from the spot to give the three points to Nicosia.
Hafez was shown a yellow card in the injury time of the first half to get his second consecutive card in the league after he was booked in his team’s last game against APOEL.
The win raised Omonia’s points to 19 after 11 games, moving them temporary to the 5th position, while Aris stayed in the 8th position with 13 points.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.