Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
VIDEO: Karim Hafez wins penalty as Omonia defeat Aris
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played full 90 minutes and won a penalty as Omonia beat Aris Limassol 1-0 away in the 11th week of Cypriot first division.
Hafez was awarded a controversial penalty in the 44th-minute. Cillian Sheridan scored from the spot to give the three points to Nicosia.
Hafez was shown a yellow card in the injury time of the first half to get his second consecutive card in the league after he was booked in his team’s last game against APOEL.
The win raised Omonia’s points to 19 after 11 games, moving them temporary to the 5th position, while Aris stayed in the 8th position with 13 points.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.