Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Karim Hafez wins penalty as Omonia defeat Aris
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played full 90 minutes and won a penalty as Omonia beat Aris Limassol 1-0 away in the 11th week of Cypriot first division.
Hafez was awarded a controversial penalty in the 44th-minute. Cillian Sheridan scored from the spot to give the three points to Nicosia.
Hafez was shown a yellow card in the injury time of the first half to get his second consecutive card in the league after he was booked in his team’s last game against APOEL.
The win raised Omonia’s points to 19 after 11 games, moving them temporary to the 5th position, while Aris stayed in the 8th position with 13 points.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.