Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Mosaad finishes runner up in World Squash Championship
After going through a rough path to the final, Omar Mosaad lost his second consecutive world series final this season against the same man, Gregory Gaultier. This was Mosaad’s second world series final.
Gaultier came up top and went home with the trophy after defeating The Hammer of Thor 3-0: 11-6, 11-7, 12-10 in 58 minutes. This win had Gaultier in tears as it meant a lot to him personally and came in an important time after the tragic terrorist attacks in his country.
“I think that I did a good job in this tournament. Gaultier is such an experienced player and to play against him is really hard. He played really well, put me in trouble and I think that I’m really happy to reach the final and I’m looking forward to my next tournament,” Mossad said.
This was the French General’s 5th World Championship final, after losing his previous 4 finals so this was an emotional match for both players as Mosaad had recently lost his mother and sister in a tragic car accident and wanted to dedicate the champion to his father.
The achievements kept on coming for the French man as Gaultier’s win made him climb above Egyptian Mohamed El-S
horbagy to become world No.1 for the fourth time in his career.