After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Zamalek: Kahraba departure impossible
Zamalek board member Abou-Rihab Abou-Regeila has ruled out rumours linking Mahmoud Abdel-moneim ‘Kahraba’ with a move away from the Whites in January.
Recent reports have linked Kahraba with a possible European move in January, despite being a Zamalek player for a mere four months.
Speaking to renowned television presenter Khaled El-Ghandour, Abou-Regeila expressed his dismay at the rumours, describing them as ‘illogical’.
“It’s illogical to talk about the player’s departure from the team as he still has 5 years left in his current contract, bearing in mind that he cannot leave without the board’s permission,” he said.
“If the player has received any offer from abroad, he should present it to the club’s board, in order to study it before handing in an official reply.
“How should we [the board] know he wants to leave via media? If any player intends to leave the club, he should present an acceptable offer and we will allow him to leave.
“The team isn’t dependent on anyone,” he concluded.
It it worth mentioning that Kahraba previously plied his trade for Swiss clubs Grasshoppers and Luzern, before returning to ENPPI in 2015.