KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Zamalek: Kahraba departure impossible
Zamalek board member Abou-Rihab Abou-Regeila has ruled out rumours linking Mahmoud Abdel-moneim ‘Kahraba’ with a move away from the Whites in January.
Recent reports have linked Kahraba with a possible European move in January, despite being a Zamalek player for a mere four months.
Speaking to renowned television presenter Khaled El-Ghandour, Abou-Regeila expressed his dismay at the rumours, describing them as ‘illogical’.
“It’s illogical to talk about the player’s departure from the team as he still has 5 years left in his current contract, bearing in mind that he cannot leave without the board’s permission,” he said.
“If the player has received any offer from abroad, he should present it to the club’s board, in order to study it before handing in an official reply.
“How should we [the board] know he wants to leave via media? If any player intends to leave the club, he should present an acceptable offer and we will allow him to leave.
“The team isn’t dependent on anyone,” he concluded.
It it worth mentioning that Kahraba previously plied his trade for Swiss clubs Grasshoppers and Luzern, before returning to ENPPI in 2015.