Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Zamalek: Kahraba departure impossible
Zamalek board member Abou-Rihab Abou-Regeila has ruled out rumours linking Mahmoud Abdel-moneim ‘Kahraba’ with a move away from the Whites in January.
Recent reports have linked Kahraba with a possible European move in January, despite being a Zamalek player for a mere four months.
Speaking to renowned television presenter Khaled El-Ghandour, Abou-Regeila expressed his dismay at the rumours, describing them as ‘illogical’.
“It’s illogical to talk about the player’s departure from the team as he still has 5 years left in his current contract, bearing in mind that he cannot leave without the board’s permission,” he said.
“If the player has received any offer from abroad, he should present it to the club’s board, in order to study it before handing in an official reply.
“How should we [the board] know he wants to leave via media? If any player intends to leave the club, he should present an acceptable offer and we will allow him to leave.
“The team isn’t dependent on anyone,” he concluded.
It it worth mentioning that Kahraba previously plied his trade for Swiss clubs Grasshoppers and Luzern, before returning to ENPPI in 2015.