After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Ahmed Mortada: Martin Jol agrees to coach Zamalek
Ahmed Mortada Mansour, a board member and son of infamous club president Mortada Mansour, admitted that the agent of Dutch coach Martin Jol has given a preliminary agreement to coach Zamalek.
Zamalek is currently without a coach after Ferreira’s departure and his contract termination due to a conflict with the club’s president Mortada Mansour.
Ahmed Mortada, who is responsible for finding a replacement for Ferreira with the rest of the White Knights’ board members has said: “Jol is one of the candidates and there is an intial agreement from Jol’s agent to take charge of the team.”
Martin Jol, who has managed some notable side in Europe like Ajax, Tottenham, Fulham and Hamburg has also previously coached Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido” and Hossam Ghaly during his spell in North London with the Spurs. The Dutch coach was also in charge of Mido during his second term with Ajax and both share a good relationship.
As a result, Ahmed Mortada stated” “We are certainly going to ask for Mido’s assistance to bring Jol to the White Castle.”