The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ahmed Mortada: Martin Jol agrees to coach Zamalek
Ahmed Mortada Mansour, a board member and son of infamous club president Mortada Mansour, admitted that the agent of Dutch coach Martin Jol has given a preliminary agreement to coach Zamalek.
Zamalek is currently without a coach after Ferreira’s departure and his contract termination due to a conflict with the club’s president Mortada Mansour.
Ahmed Mortada, who is responsible for finding a replacement for Ferreira with the rest of the White Knights’ board members has said: “Jol is one of the candidates and there is an intial agreement from Jol’s agent to take charge of the team.”
Martin Jol, who has managed some notable side in Europe like Ajax, Tottenham, Fulham and Hamburg has also previously coached Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido” and Hossam Ghaly during his spell in North London with the Spurs. The Dutch coach was also in charge of Mido during his second term with Ajax and both share a good relationship.
As a result, Ahmed Mortada stated” “We are certainly going to ask for Mido’s assistance to bring Jol to the White Castle.”