Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Fathi Mabrouk: I thank Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk expressed his thanks to the club’s board, after receiving the entirety of his financial dues just one month after his sacking.
Fathi Mabrouk was sacked by Al Ahly after the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup semi-finals after losing 3-5 on aggregate to Orlando Pirates. Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy then took over as interim manager, before the eventual appointment of Jose Peseiro.
Talking to TV channel Al-Hayah 2 Mabrouk said, “I haven’t offended any of the club’s board members and I’m happy that they haven’t resorted to pettiness.”
“I thank the board, as they have appreciated my work for the club over the last period,” he added.
“I’m a son of the club, and I’m ready to serve the club anytime, anywhere,” Mabrouk concluded.