Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Fathi Mabrouk: I thank Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk expressed his thanks to the club’s board, after receiving the entirety of his financial dues just one month after his sacking.
Fathi Mabrouk was sacked by Al Ahly after the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup semi-finals after losing 3-5 on aggregate to Orlando Pirates. Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy then took over as interim manager, before the eventual appointment of Jose Peseiro.
Talking to TV channel Al-Hayah 2 Mabrouk said, “I haven’t offended any of the club’s board members and I’m happy that they haven’t resorted to pettiness.”
“I thank the board, as they have appreciated my work for the club over the last period,” he added.
“I’m a son of the club, and I’m ready to serve the club anytime, anywhere,” Mabrouk concluded.