Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Fathi Mabrouk: I thank Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk expressed his thanks to the club’s board, after receiving the entirety of his financial dues just one month after his sacking.
Fathi Mabrouk was sacked by Al Ahly after the club’s elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup semi-finals after losing 3-5 on aggregate to Orlando Pirates. Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy then took over as interim manager, before the eventual appointment of Jose Peseiro.
Talking to TV channel Al-Hayah 2 Mabrouk said, “I haven’t offended any of the club’s board members and I’m happy that they haven’t resorted to pettiness.”
“I thank the board, as they have appreciated my work for the club over the last period,” he added.
“I’m a son of the club, and I’m ready to serve the club anytime, anywhere,” Mabrouk concluded.