Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Marcos Paquetá close to becoming Zamalek manager
Brazilian manager Marcos Paquetá is close to take over as Zamalek new manager following the departure of former manager Jesualdo Ferreira.
Paquetá is the closest candidate to manage the Egyptian Champions as negotiations reached an advanced stage with the White Castle administration.
The Brazilian has already agreed to manage the club but is still pending finalizing the details of the deal and the official signing of the contract.
“I received a serious offer from Zamalek to manage the team and I have initially agreed to it. The deal is not completed yet. We are now in talks about my potential assistants,” Paquetá told Qatari website El Kass on Tuesday.
Arch-rivals Al Ahly were also considering Paquetá before going for Portuguese manager José Peseiro.
Qatari side Al Gharafa have mutually terminated the contract of Paquetá in April, after a run of poor results.
The 57-year-old was at the helm of the Saudi national team during the 2006 World Cup. In 2003, he won the U-17 World Championship and the U-20 World Championship with the Brazilian team.
According to various reports, Zamalek were considering two other managers along with Paquetá: Brazilian Paulo Campos and Romanian Laurentiu Reghecampf, while board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour claimed that former Tottenham and Hamburg manager Martin Jol is also a candidate.
Zamalek are looking to appoint a new manager after Ferreira decided to unilaterally cancel his contract with the club.