KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Al Masry’s Ibrahim Hassan denies Moataz Eno links
Moataz Eno remains a free agent after leaving Tala’a El-Gaish over the summer, where the 32-year-old defensive midfielder was a regular – scoring three goals in 26 league appearances.
Eno, who has one Egypt cap to his name, was being linked with a move to Al Masry, but the club’s general manager Ibrahim Hassan denied these rumours linking the Port Said club with the ex-Al Ahly player ahead of the January transfer window.
Speaking to the club’s official website, Ibrahim Hassan stated: “Coach Hossam Hassan has never thought of putting pen-to-paper with [Moataz] Eno, that’s because the club have a lot of players that are playing in the same place as Moataz.”
Ibrahim then added: “Moataz Eno is a strong and very talented player and I wish him the best in his future career.”
It is worth noting that the Egyptian Premier League is currently stopped due to the Olympic national team games ahead of the U-23 African Cup of Nations in Senegal, as Hossam El-Badry’s side look to qualify directly to the Rio 2016 Olympics next summer.