Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
CAF Confederation Cup final pushed forward
The start time of the 2015 CAF Confederation Cup final has been moved forward as a security measure related to the recent terrorist attacks in Tunisia.
The second leg of the final between Etoile du Sahel and Orlando Pirates was scheduled to take place at the Stade Olympique in Sousse at 18:30 GMT, but will now begin at 14:00 GMT following a request from Etoile du Sahel, which was accepted by CAF.
The change is due to the terrorist attack on a bus carrying presidential guards last Tuesday, which killed 13 people. Tunisia’s president Beji Caid Essebsi declared a 30-day state of emergency and curfew, which prompted the need to play the final at an earlier time.
“We are in touch with the Tunisia FA and authorities and for the time being there is no change to the initial schedule. A statement will be issued if there is an update,” CAF remarked.
Sousse has been a recent target for terrorist attacks, after 39 people were killed at a beach resort in June.
The final is currently tied at 1-1 following the first leg, played last Saturday in Johannesburg.