Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
CAF Confederation Cup final pushed forward
The start time of the 2015 CAF Confederation Cup final has been moved forward as a security measure related to the recent terrorist attacks in Tunisia.
The second leg of the final between Etoile du Sahel and Orlando Pirates was scheduled to take place at the Stade Olympique in Sousse at 18:30 GMT, but will now begin at 14:00 GMT following a request from Etoile du Sahel, which was accepted by CAF.
The change is due to the terrorist attack on a bus carrying presidential guards last Tuesday, which killed 13 people. Tunisia’s president Beji Caid Essebsi declared a 30-day state of emergency and curfew, which prompted the need to play the final at an earlier time.
“We are in touch with the Tunisia FA and authorities and for the time being there is no change to the initial schedule. A statement will be issued if there is an update,” CAF remarked.
Sousse has been a recent target for terrorist attacks, after 39 people were killed at a beach resort in June.
The final is currently tied at 1-1 following the first leg, played last Saturday in Johannesburg.