Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Saleh Gomaa to miss out due to injury
Al Ahly’s Saleh Gomaa is in doubt for the first game of the U-21 African Cup of Nations due to a hamstring injury.
Gomaa, who recently joined Al Ahly in the summer from Enppi has been listed in the final players lists to travel to Senegal with the olympic national team.
“The results will be in on Wednesday morning to see the seriousness of the injury. If I have suffered a tear, I will travel in time for the second game of the national team however if it is just a strain, I will travel within two days,” Gomaa said during a television interview.
Egypt’s olympic team is set to face Algeria in their opening game of the tournament.
Hossam El-Badry, Egypt’s olympic team manager has taken precautions to make sure he is not missing any players.
“I took the necessary steps prior to any case and decided to call up 22 players instead of 21 because I felt that we would have an injury to deal with,” he said on a television interview as well.
Egypt has been drawn with Algeria, Mali and Nigeria in group ‘B’ where they play all their group stage games in Stade Caroline Faye in M’bour.
The two finalists along with the winner of the third place play-off winner will qualify to the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.