Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
Saleh Gomaa to miss out due to injury
Gomaa, who recently joined Al Ahly in the summer from Enppi has been listed in the final players lists to travel to Senegal with the olympic national team.
“The results will be in on Wednesday morning to see the seriousness of the injury. If I have suffered a tear, I will travel in time for the second game of the national team however if it is just a strain, I will travel within two days,” Gomaa said during a television interview.
Egypt’s olympic team is set to face Algeria in their opening game of the tournament.
Hossam El-Badry, Egypt’s olympic team manager has taken precautions to make sure he is not missing any players.
“I took the necessary steps prior to any case and decided to call up 22 players instead of 21 because I felt that we would have an injury to deal with,” he said on a television interview as well.
Egypt has been drawn with Algeria, Mali and Nigeria in group ‘B’ where they play all their group stage games in Stade Caroline Faye in M’bour.
The two finalists along with the winner of the third place play-off winner will qualify to the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.