Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Saleh Gomaa to miss out due to injury
Gomaa, who recently joined Al Ahly in the summer from Enppi has been listed in the final players lists to travel to Senegal with the olympic national team.
“The results will be in on Wednesday morning to see the seriousness of the injury. If I have suffered a tear, I will travel in time for the second game of the national team however if it is just a strain, I will travel within two days,” Gomaa said during a television interview.
Egypt’s olympic team is set to face Algeria in their opening game of the tournament.
Hossam El-Badry, Egypt’s olympic team manager has taken precautions to make sure he is not missing any players.
“I took the necessary steps prior to any case and decided to call up 22 players instead of 21 because I felt that we would have an injury to deal with,” he said on a television interview as well.
Egypt has been drawn with Algeria, Mali and Nigeria in group ‘B’ where they play all their group stage games in Stade Caroline Faye in M’bour.
The two finalists along with the winner of the third place play-off winner will qualify to the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.