Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Saleh Gomaa to miss out due to injury
Al Ahly’s Saleh Gomaa is in doubt for the first game of the U-21 African Cup of Nations due to a hamstring injury.
Gomaa, who recently joined Al Ahly in the summer from Enppi has been listed in the final players lists to travel to Senegal with the olympic national team.
“The results will be in on Wednesday morning to see the seriousness of the injury. If I have suffered a tear, I will travel in time for the second game of the national team however if it is just a strain, I will travel within two days,” Gomaa said during a television interview.
Egypt’s olympic team is set to face Algeria in their opening game of the tournament.
Hossam El-Badry, Egypt’s olympic team manager has taken precautions to make sure he is not missing any players.
“I took the necessary steps prior to any case and decided to call up 22 players instead of 21 because I felt that we would have an injury to deal with,” he said on a television interview as well.
Egypt has been drawn with Algeria, Mali and Nigeria in group ‘B’ where they play all their group stage games in Stade Caroline Faye in M’bour.
The two finalists along with the winner of the third place play-off winner will qualify to the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.