Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Saleh Gomaa to miss out due to injury
Al Ahly’s Saleh Gomaa is in doubt for the first game of the U-21 African Cup of Nations due to a hamstring injury.
Gomaa, who recently joined Al Ahly in the summer from Enppi has been listed in the final players lists to travel to Senegal with the olympic national team.
“The results will be in on Wednesday morning to see the seriousness of the injury. If I have suffered a tear, I will travel in time for the second game of the national team however if it is just a strain, I will travel within two days,” Gomaa said during a television interview.
Egypt’s olympic team is set to face Algeria in their opening game of the tournament.
Hossam El-Badry, Egypt’s olympic team manager has taken precautions to make sure he is not missing any players.
“I took the necessary steps prior to any case and decided to call up 22 players instead of 21 because I felt that we would have an injury to deal with,” he said on a television interview as well.
Egypt has been drawn with Algeria, Mali and Nigeria in group ‘B’ where they play all their group stage games in Stade Caroline Faye in M’bour.
The two finalists along with the winner of the third place play-off winner will qualify to the 2016 Summer Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.