Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Masry President: We are trying to end our problem with Al Ahly
Samir Halabia, the president of Al Masry, has stated that he is doing everything in his power to end the state of tension in Egyptian football since the Port Said massacre.
Halibia said to the team’s official website that the events at Port Said were carried out by individuals who were not fans of the club or fans of football in general. “This crime was supposed to be carried out in Mahalla or Ismailia, but they failed, and so they carried it out in Port Said,” Halibia said.
The club president also reported that the board has entrusted to him the responsibility for solving all issues related to the club and to quell tensions between Al Masry and Al Ahly. “It is important to establish strong relationships with all clubs, including Al Ahly. We must all have mutual respect,” Halibia reported.
He also divulged into the context of the Port Said massacre, stressing the importance of finding and prosecuting the real culprits behind the attacks. “The incident took place under mysterious political events and conditions, prompted by some political factions desire to ignite the situation in Egypt. Unfortunately, Port Said was the site of the events. We must persecute the people who committed the act, and they are not people of Port Said or Egyptian fans,” concluded Halibia.