After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Mido: Mansour contacted me for Zamalek job, no Ismaily departure
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has admitted that Zamalek president Mortada Mansour contacted him regarding the first team’s job.
Zamalek have just ended ties earlier this week with Portuguese manager Jesualdo Ferreira and are still looking for a convenient successor, with the likes of Martin Jol and Marcos Paquetá among the names circulating.
“I have received a phone call from Zamalek president to inquire about my situation,” Mido told a local radio station.
“However, I told him [Zamalek president] that I gave a word to Ismaily that I can’t let them down. I haven’t signed any contracts with Ismaily but I gave them a word,” he added.
The former Tottenham Hotspur striker has previously managed Zamalek in 2014, leading them to winning the Egypt Cup what made him the youngest coach to win a trophy with an Egyptian club.