Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Mido: Mansour contacted me for Zamalek job, no Ismaily departure
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has admitted that Zamalek president Mortada Mansour contacted him regarding the first team’s job.
Zamalek have just ended ties earlier this week with Portuguese manager Jesualdo Ferreira and are still looking for a convenient successor, with the likes of Martin Jol and Marcos Paquetá among the names circulating.
“I have received a phone call from Zamalek president to inquire about my situation,” Mido told a local radio station.
“However, I told him [Zamalek president] that I gave a word to Ismaily that I can’t let them down. I haven’t signed any contracts with Ismaily but I gave them a word,” he added.
The former Tottenham Hotspur striker has previously managed Zamalek in 2014, leading them to winning the Egypt Cup what made him the youngest coach to win a trophy with an Egyptian club.