Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mido: Mansour contacted me for Zamalek job, no Ismaily departure
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has admitted that Zamalek president Mortada Mansour contacted him regarding the first team’s job.
Zamalek have just ended ties earlier this week with Portuguese manager Jesualdo Ferreira and are still looking for a convenient successor, with the likes of Martin Jol and Marcos Paquetá among the names circulating.
“I have received a phone call from Zamalek president to inquire about my situation,” Mido told a local radio station.
“However, I told him [Zamalek president] that I gave a word to Ismaily that I can’t let them down. I haven’t signed any contracts with Ismaily but I gave them a word,” he added.
The former Tottenham Hotspur striker has previously managed Zamalek in 2014, leading them to winning the Egypt Cup what made him the youngest coach to win a trophy with an Egyptian club.