Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Abou-Treika: Coaching Al Ahly now is difficult
The Al Ahly legend is now attending a coaching course which allows his to get the CAF license “C” to be prepared to work in the coaching field.
“I was an Al Ahly fan, then I became an Al Ahly player and I am preparing to be a coach but coaching Al Ahly now is going to be very difficult,” Treika said to MBC Masr 2 following Al Ahly’s celebration for being the most decorated club in the world.
“I don’t want to be more than a fan, except if I was well prepared to add to the club that made my name as a player,” he added.
The 37-year-old retired midfielder has previously ruled out working in coaching, claiming he is more experienced in the administrative field. However, he announced on Thursday that after taking courses in management, he didn’t feel comfortable working in the administrative field.
Abou-Treika said that he shared his vision with Al Ahly president Mahmoud Taher, giving him his opinion in some difficulties that faced the team.
“I talked to Taher through mutual friends and I love discussing my vision towards Al Ahly as I love the club and the fans; I never signed for the club for a specific amount of money, I always signed a blank cheque because my love for this club has nothing to do with money,” Treika concluded.