Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Braga defeat Liberec to qualify for Round of 32
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ had a frustrating night, as his Braga team came from behind to defeat Czech side Slovan Liberec 2-1 and qualify for the Europa League Round of 32.
The first clear chance of the game fell to Koka, and though his half volley was struck well Koubek was able to pull off a stunning save.
After an eventful spell including a string of fine saves by Matheus, Liberec opened the scoring through Efremov after some good team play in the 35th minute.
Following the goal, the game came into life with Koka again finding himself in a fantastic position following a good cross; however, his header struck the bar.
Koka was heavily involved in the equaliser following Braga’s pressure, with some excellent link-up play finding the captain Alan in the box, who’s low strike was deflected in.
In the second half Koka continued to find himself in promising positions, but he couldn’t apply the finishing touches to score.
The Braga pressure paid off as Crislan struck home in stoppage time to win the game 2-1.
The win puts Braga through to the Round of 32 with a game to spare, while Slovan Liberec have to defeat Marseille to reach the knockout stages.