Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Braga defeat Liberec to qualify for Round of 32
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ had a frustrating night, as his Braga team came from behind to defeat Czech side Slovan Liberec 2-1 and qualify for the Europa League Round of 32.
The first clear chance of the game fell to Koka, and though his half volley was struck well Koubek was able to pull off a stunning save.
After an eventful spell including a string of fine saves by Matheus, Liberec opened the scoring through Efremov after some good team play in the 35th minute.
Following the goal, the game came into life with Koka again finding himself in a fantastic position following a good cross; however, his header struck the bar.
Koka was heavily involved in the equaliser following Braga’s pressure, with some excellent link-up play finding the captain Alan in the box, who’s low strike was deflected in.
In the second half Koka continued to find himself in promising positions, but he couldn’t apply the finishing touches to score.
The Braga pressure paid off as Crislan struck home in stoppage time to win the game 2-1.
The win puts Braga through to the Round of 32 with a game to spare, while Slovan Liberec have to defeat Marseille to reach the knockout stages.