Ghana and FC Schalke left-back Baba Rahman was ruled out of the African...
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
El-Badry: I respect the Algerian national team
Egypt’s first game in the championship will be against Algeria on November 29, then they will face Nigeria on December 2 before playing the final group stage game against Mali on the 5th.
El-Badry talked to the press before his side’s game against Algeria in the opening match of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.
“The relations between Egypt and Algeria are strong,” El-Badry said to a number of Algerian journalists during the press conference.
“There is a fair competition between the two countries and I respect the Algerian national team very much. I don’t look back about what happened between the two countries so it is better to just concentrate on football,” he added.
The young pharaohs are preparing for the tournament that acts as the CAF qualifier for the Olympic football tournament. The top three teams of the tournament will qualify for 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro as the CAF representatives.
Egypt lie in a tough group which include Algeria, Mali and Nigeria and the top two teams of the group will advance to the semi-finals.