KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
El-Badry: I respect the Algerian national team
Egypt’s first game in the championship will be against Algeria on November 29, then they will face Nigeria on December 2 before playing the final group stage game against Mali on the 5th.
El-Badry talked to the press before his side’s game against Algeria in the opening match of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations.
“The relations between Egypt and Algeria are strong,” El-Badry said to a number of Algerian journalists during the press conference.
“There is a fair competition between the two countries and I respect the Algerian national team very much. I don’t look back about what happened between the two countries so it is better to just concentrate on football,” he added.
The young pharaohs are preparing for the tournament that acts as the CAF qualifier for the Olympic football tournament. The top three teams of the tournament will qualify for 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro as the CAF representatives.
Egypt lie in a tough group which include Algeria, Mali and Nigeria and the top two teams of the group will advance to the semi-finals.