Egypt court added former Al Ahly and national team legend Mohamed Abou-Treika to...
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
Ethiopia’s Dibaba named female IAAF World Athlete of the Year
Ethiopian middle- and long-distance runner Genzebe Dibaba has been named the female IAAF World Athlete of the Year in 2015.
Dibaba set a world indoor record for 5000m, clocking in at 14:18.86, before breaking the African record for 1500m in Barcelona with a time of 3:54.11.
She then broke the world record in Monaco, finishing in just 3:50:07 on the 17th of July.
The 24-year-old then won all three of her 1500m races at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, as she clinched a gold medal.
Her medal haul in China also included the bronze medal in the 5000m event.
“I am humbled & honoured to receive this award from the IAAF. It feels so good to be the World Athlete of the Year." pic.twitter.com/mJ0l0dmnTI
— IAAF (@iaaforg) November 26, 2015
It is worth mentioning that Dibaba just missed out on the female WAOTY in 2014.