Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Ethiopia’s Dibaba named female IAAF World Athlete of the Year
Ethiopian middle- and long-distance runner Genzebe Dibaba has been named the female IAAF World Athlete of the Year in 2015.
Dibaba set a world indoor record for 5000m, clocking in at 14:18.86, before breaking the African record for 1500m in Barcelona with a time of 3:54.11.
She then broke the world record in Monaco, finishing in just 3:50:07 on the 17th of July.
The 24-year-old then won all three of her 1500m races at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, as she clinched a gold medal.
Her medal haul in China also included the bronze medal in the 5000m event.
“I am humbled & honoured to receive this award from the IAAF. It feels so good to be the World Athlete of the Year." pic.twitter.com/mJ0l0dmnTI
— IAAF (@iaaforg) November 26, 2015
It is worth mentioning that Dibaba just missed out on the female WAOTY in 2014.