Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
Ethiopia’s Dibaba named female IAAF World Athlete of the Year
Ethiopian middle- and long-distance runner Genzebe Dibaba has been named the female IAAF World Athlete of the Year in 2015.
Dibaba set a world indoor record for 5000m, clocking in at 14:18.86, before breaking the African record for 1500m in Barcelona with a time of 3:54.11.
She then broke the world record in Monaco, finishing in just 3:50:07 on the 17th of July.
The 24-year-old then won all three of her 1500m races at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, as she clinched a gold medal.
Her medal haul in China also included the bronze medal in the 5000m event.
“I am humbled & honoured to receive this award from the IAAF. It feels so good to be the World Athlete of the Year." pic.twitter.com/mJ0l0dmnTI
— IAAF (@iaaforg) November 26, 2015
It is worth mentioning that Dibaba just missed out on the female WAOTY in 2014.