After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Ethiopia’s Dibaba named female IAAF World Athlete of the Year
Ethiopian middle- and long-distance runner Genzebe Dibaba has been named the female IAAF World Athlete of the Year in 2015.
Dibaba set a world indoor record for 5000m, clocking in at 14:18.86, before breaking the African record for 1500m in Barcelona with a time of 3:54.11.
She then broke the world record in Monaco, finishing in just 3:50:07 on the 17th of July.
The 24-year-old then won all three of her 1500m races at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing, as she clinched a gold medal.
Her medal haul in China also included the bronze medal in the 5000m event.
“I am humbled & honoured to receive this award from the IAAF. It feels so good to be the World Athlete of the Year." pic.twitter.com/mJ0l0dmnTI
— IAAF (@iaaforg) November 26, 2015
It is worth mentioning that Dibaba just missed out on the female WAOTY in 2014.