Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
VIDEO: Ismaily draw against Club Africain in friendly
Ismaily FC played opponents Club Africain in a friendly that saw both sides leave the match with a 1-1 draw.
Although a friendly, the match turned out to be really tense and a joy for those watching.
Both sides seemed eager to leave with a victory, with Ismaily pressing hard and looking for counter attacking opportunities.
Ismaily coach and former Egyptian international, Mido, saw the opportunity to play parts of the squad that did not see much playing time in the previous matches.
The first half ended goalless with minimal chances.
The second half began and in the 59th minute, Ghana international Emmanuel Banahene received a pass in the box from Shikabala and found the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
Ismaily went on to later concede a penalty, which was saved by Mohamed Sobhi but it was not enough as the ball went in from the rebound and Club Africain found themselves back into the match making it 1-1 in Tunisia.
Ismaily’s next match is against Ghazl El-Mahalla on December 16 in the Egyptian Premiere League.
The Dervishes are currently at camp in Tunisia during the break.