Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Morsy’s Chesterfield lose 4-0 to El-Abd’s Swindon
League 1 strugglers Chesterfield and Swindon faced off with Swindon coming out on top, defeating the Spireites 4-0 in Chesterfield’s Proact Stadium, with English-born Pharaohs Sam Morsy and Adam El-Abd both playing 90 minutes and getting booked in the process.
Nicky Ajose opened the scoring in the third minute, stunning Chesterfield with a goal from a Louis Thompson cross.
Thompson turned from provider to scorer ten minutes later, as his near post shot was lucky to get past Tommy Lee.
Obika got his third of the season after a swift counter attack, and though he appeared to have no support he was still able to break through and score after some poor defending by Chesterfield.
Chesterfield captain Sam Morsy was booked just after half time for an aggressive foul on Anton Rodgers, although there appeared to be no danger. Later in the half, fellow Egyptian Adam El-Abd was booked for Morsy’s counterparts, for a foul which stopped a Chesterfield counter attack which may have got them back into the game for an unlikely comeback.
Any hopes of a comeback had the nail put in the coffin by Nicky Ajose who got his second and Swindon’s fourth of the afternoon, as Lee was again unable to save his shot across goal.
The win moves Swindon up to 17th, just one point and one place behind Chesterfield.