Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
Ferreira left the White Castle a week ago after winning the domestic double last season before signing a six month deal with Al-Sadd.
“I am happy to be here in Qatar, managing a great club with decorated history like Al-Sadd,” Ferreira said in a press conference on Saturday morning.
“I was following the Qatari league closely in the last period because of the presence of Lucho Gonzalez. It’s an honor for me to coach in the country which will host the 2022 world cup,” Ferreira added.
The Portuguese coach then stressed that the negotiations between him and Al-Sadd representatives started following his departure from Zamalek.
“Al-Sadd approached me after Zamalek departure, I thank Zamalek fans for the great moments I lived with them,” he said.
“I don’t want to talk about the Egyptian side as I am now here with my new team and looking forward to winning more titles,” Ferreira concluded.