Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
Ferreira left the White Castle a week ago after winning the domestic double last season before signing a six month deal with Al-Sadd.
“I am happy to be here in Qatar, managing a great club with decorated history like Al-Sadd,” Ferreira said in a press conference on Saturday morning.
“I was following the Qatari league closely in the last period because of the presence of Lucho Gonzalez. It’s an honor for me to coach in the country which will host the 2022 world cup,” Ferreira added.
The Portuguese coach then stressed that the negotiations between him and Al-Sadd representatives started following his departure from Zamalek.
“Al-Sadd approached me after Zamalek departure, I thank Zamalek fans for the great moments I lived with them,” he said.
“I don’t want to talk about the Egyptian side as I am now here with my new team and looking forward to winning more titles,” Ferreira concluded.