Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
Ferreira left the White Castle a week ago after winning the domestic double last season before signing a six month deal with Al-Sadd.
“I am happy to be here in Qatar, managing a great club with decorated history like Al-Sadd,” Ferreira said in a press conference on Saturday morning.
“I was following the Qatari league closely in the last period because of the presence of Lucho Gonzalez. It’s an honor for me to coach in the country which will host the 2022 world cup,” Ferreira added.
The Portuguese coach then stressed that the negotiations between him and Al-Sadd representatives started following his departure from Zamalek.
“Al-Sadd approached me after Zamalek departure, I thank Zamalek fans for the great moments I lived with them,” he said.
“I don’t want to talk about the Egyptian side as I am now here with my new team and looking forward to winning more titles,” Ferreira concluded.