Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
Ferreira left the White Castle a week ago after winning the domestic double last season before signing a six month deal with Al-Sadd.
“I am happy to be here in Qatar, managing a great club with decorated history like Al-Sadd,” Ferreira said in a press conference on Saturday morning.
“I was following the Qatari league closely in the last period because of the presence of Lucho Gonzalez. It’s an honor for me to coach in the country which will host the 2022 world cup,” Ferreira added.
The Portuguese coach then stressed that the negotiations between him and Al-Sadd representatives started following his departure from Zamalek.
“Al-Sadd approached me after Zamalek departure, I thank Zamalek fans for the great moments I lived with them,” he said.
“I don’t want to talk about the Egyptian side as I am now here with my new team and looking forward to winning more titles,” Ferreira concluded.