Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
Ferreira: Al-Sadd contacted me after Zamalek departure
Ferreira left the White Castle a week ago after winning the domestic double last season before signing a six month deal with Al-Sadd.
“I am happy to be here in Qatar, managing a great club with decorated history like Al-Sadd,” Ferreira said in a press conference on Saturday morning.
“I was following the Qatari league closely in the last period because of the presence of Lucho Gonzalez. It’s an honor for me to coach in the country which will host the 2022 world cup,” Ferreira added.
The Portuguese coach then stressed that the negotiations between him and Al-Sadd representatives started following his departure from Zamalek.
“Al-Sadd approached me after Zamalek departure, I thank Zamalek fans for the great moments I lived with them,” he said.
“I don’t want to talk about the Egyptian side as I am now here with my new team and looking forward to winning more titles,” Ferreira concluded.