Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
VIDEO: Ghazal captains CD Nacional in win over Marítimo
Ali Ghazal led his team CD Nacional in a 3-1 win over Marítimo in the Funchal derby in the Portuguese Primeira Liga on Friday.
The club had many absentees on the day such as João Aurélio and Dewey which gave the chance for the Egyptian international to wear the armband.
Ghazal’s side went up in the 14th minute through a close range strike from Nuno Sequeira but the visitors equalized just before the end of half time as Dirceu fired a low shot into the net from the edge of the box.
Early in the second half, Marítimo were reduced to 10 men as Raul was dismissed after receiving his second booking.
Nacional managed to restore their lead through Rui Correa’s header in the 69th minute before Wyllian secured the 3 points for the home side with a powerful strike in the 80th minute.
In the 89th minute, the discipline got even worse for Marítimo as they were reduced to 9 men after Edgar Costa was shown a straight red card.
The home side have now managed six successive home wins over Marítimo as the visitors’ last triumph was in the 2012-2013 campaign.
CD Nacional now sit seventh in the table with 14 points from 11 matches while Marítimo dropped to tenth place with the same points.