Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Abdel-Hafiz: Al Ahly might sign nobody in January
Al Ahly made 6 signings last summer, including Malick Evouna, John Antwi, Ahmed Fathi, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa and Mohamed Hamdi Hassan. However, the former Al Ahly right back said it will be up to coach Jose Peseiro to decide whether the team need reinforcements or not.
“Reinforcing the team in January could be limited, and we might not sign players at all. After all this is up to Peseiro’s point of view, he has the final say in this matter,” Abdel-Hafiz said in a press conference.
“We still haven’t decided what the team’s needs and the players who we will sign, It’s an early discussion and we still have time,”
“Peseiro’s speeches with the players is a normal thing, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona’s coaches do the same thing and speak with their players regarding their positioning on the pitch for instance. Having many players in the squad is an advantage and not the opposite, the personality of Al Ahly player is stronger than any other player,”
Abdel-Hafiz went on speaking about Gabon International Malick Evouna and discussed his injuries issue.
“Evouna has a very good personality and he is a very important player, I refuse to accuse him of laziness. The injuries he suffers from are normal and can hit any player, he doesn’t suffer from a chronic injury and no truth behind this rumor.”