Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Abdel-Hafiz: Al Ahly might sign nobody in January
Al Ahly sporting director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has confessed that the club might not do any business in the upcoming transfer window in January.
Al Ahly made 6 signings last summer, including Malick Evouna, John Antwi, Ahmed Fathi, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa and Mohamed Hamdi Hassan. However, the former Al Ahly right back said it will be up to coach Jose Peseiro to decide whether the team need reinforcements or not.
“Reinforcing the team in January could be limited, and we might not sign players at all. After all this is up to Peseiro’s point of view, he has the final say in this matter,” Abdel-Hafiz said in a press conference.
“We still haven’t decided what the team’s needs and the players who we will sign, It’s an early discussion and we still have time,”
“Peseiro’s speeches with the players is a normal thing, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona’s coaches do the same thing and speak with their players regarding their positioning on the pitch for instance. Having many players in the squad is an advantage and not the opposite, the personality of Al Ahly player is stronger than any other player,”
Abdel-Hafiz went on speaking about Gabon International Malick Evouna and discussed his injuries issue.
“Evouna has a very good personality and he is a very important player, I refuse to accuse him of laziness. The injuries he suffers from are normal and can hit any player, he doesn’t suffer from a chronic injury and no truth behind this rumor.”