The draws for Egyptian sides Al Ahly and Zamalek in CAF Champions...
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
Abdel-Hafiz: Al Ahly might sign nobody in January
Al Ahly made 6 signings last summer, including Malick Evouna, John Antwi, Ahmed Fathi, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa and Mohamed Hamdi Hassan. However, the former Al Ahly right back said it will be up to coach Jose Peseiro to decide whether the team need reinforcements or not.
“Reinforcing the team in January could be limited, and we might not sign players at all. After all this is up to Peseiro’s point of view, he has the final say in this matter,” Abdel-Hafiz said in a press conference.
“We still haven’t decided what the team’s needs and the players who we will sign, It’s an early discussion and we still have time,”
“Peseiro’s speeches with the players is a normal thing, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona’s coaches do the same thing and speak with their players regarding their positioning on the pitch for instance. Having many players in the squad is an advantage and not the opposite, the personality of Al Ahly player is stronger than any other player,”
Abdel-Hafiz went on speaking about Gabon International Malick Evouna and discussed his injuries issue.
“Evouna has a very good personality and he is a very important player, I refuse to accuse him of laziness. The injuries he suffers from are normal and can hit any player, he doesn’t suffer from a chronic injury and no truth behind this rumor.”