An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Abdel-Hafiz: Al Ahly might sign nobody in January
Al Ahly sporting director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has confessed that the club might not do any business in the upcoming transfer window in January.
Al Ahly made 6 signings last summer, including Malick Evouna, John Antwi, Ahmed Fathi, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Saleh Gomaa and Mohamed Hamdi Hassan. However, the former Al Ahly right back said it will be up to coach Jose Peseiro to decide whether the team need reinforcements or not.
“Reinforcing the team in January could be limited, and we might not sign players at all. After all this is up to Peseiro’s point of view, he has the final say in this matter,” Abdel-Hafiz said in a press conference.
“We still haven’t decided what the team’s needs and the players who we will sign, It’s an early discussion and we still have time,”
“Peseiro’s speeches with the players is a normal thing, I think Real Madrid and Barcelona’s coaches do the same thing and speak with their players regarding their positioning on the pitch for instance. Having many players in the squad is an advantage and not the opposite, the personality of Al Ahly player is stronger than any other player,”
Abdel-Hafiz went on speaking about Gabon International Malick Evouna and discussed his injuries issue.
“Evouna has a very good personality and he is a very important player, I refuse to accuse him of laziness. The injuries he suffers from are normal and can hit any player, he doesn’t suffer from a chronic injury and no truth behind this rumor.”