Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
VIDEO: Algeria hold Egypt to 1-1 draw in U23 AFCON opener
The Egypt U23 national team could only manage a 1-1 draw against their Algerian counterparts in their first match of the 2015 U23 African Cup of Nations in Senegal.
Egypt XI: Awad, Hany, Ragab Nabil, Yasser I. Hamdy, Ashraf, Rami Rabia, Kahraba, Mostafa Fathi, Ramadan, Karim Nedved
Algeria XI: Salhi, Abdellaoui, Keniche, Ferhani, Benkhemassa, Gagaa, Ferhat, Benguit, Bentahar, Chita, Amokrane
Egypt started the first half brightly, and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ was caught offside early on as he looked to break.
Ayoub Abdellaoui was booked for a rough challenge on Mohamed Hany in the 21st minute, as the Ahly right-back posed a threat down the flank.
The first half ended goalless, but the match would liven up considerably in the second interval; soon after Mosaad Awad denied Algeria a goal, Kahraba headed in from Ashraf’s cross from the left to give his side the lead in the 55th minute.
Midway through the half, Zinedine Ferhat leveled the scores; his well-placed finish from 20 yards out gave Awad no chance.
Substitute Mohamed Salem wasted a golden chance to win the match for Egypt in the dying seconds, as he somehow failed to finish into an empty goal.
Egypt face Nigeria on Wednesday, in their second match of the group stage. The Dream Team defeated Mali 3-2, two hours after the first group match came to a close.