Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Hazem Emam: I will leave Zamalek this season
Hazem Emam has announced that he will be leaving Zamalek in January in order to play his trade in the Gulf.
The White Knights’ captain spoke on TV announcing his decision to leave in January to play in one of the Gulf countries, citing Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emites as his preferred destinations.
“I will take on the experience of playing in the Gulf this season, I do not wish to play in Qatar but prefer Saudi Arabia or the UAE,” Emam told MBC TV channel.
Emam, who won the league and cup double with Zamalek last season, commented on the effect of his departure on the club.
“My departure won’t have a negative effect on the team. There is more than one player capable of performing to the same level or better like Omar Gaber and Hamada Tolba,” said the 27 year old.
Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour announced a few months ago that the right back expressed his wish to leave at the end of last season after being approached by a club from the UAE.