Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Hazem Emam: I will leave Zamalek this season
Hazem Emam has announced that he will be leaving Zamalek in January in order to play his trade in the Gulf.
The White Knights’ captain spoke on TV announcing his decision to leave in January to play in one of the Gulf countries, citing Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emites as his preferred destinations.
“I will take on the experience of playing in the Gulf this season, I do not wish to play in Qatar but prefer Saudi Arabia or the UAE,” Emam told MBC TV channel.
Emam, who won the league and cup double with Zamalek last season, commented on the effect of his departure on the club.
“My departure won’t have a negative effect on the team. There is more than one player capable of performing to the same level or better like Omar Gaber and Hamada Tolba,” said the 27 year old.
Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour announced a few months ago that the right back expressed his wish to leave at the end of last season after being approached by a club from the UAE.