Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Mido: I think Zamalek’s next coach will be Egyptian
Zamalek’s board are still looking for a new manager for the team, since Jesualdo Ferreira left and was officially announced as the new manager for Qatari club Al-Sadd. However, the board confirmed that the next coach will not be Egyptian.
“I feel Zamalek’s administration will not appoint a foreign manager, there is a big chance that they will appoint an Egyptian manager,” ‘Mido’ said to Al Hayat 2 TV channel.
The young coach recently revealed that he was contacted by Mortada Mansour, but ‘Mido’ informed him that he can not leave Ismaily.
“The board will resort to the current technical staff which includes Tarek Mostafa and Samy El-Shishiny and Medhat Abdel-Hady, in addition to more technical authorities for Ismael Youssef,” he explained.
El-Shishiny and Mostafa were announced as Zamalek’s new interim coaches right after Ferreira’s departure.
“I wish Zamalek’s board good luck and a quick decision before the league starts again,” he added. “The new manager’s mission won’t be easy, as he will be compared to Ferreira. However, Zamalek’s players are special and they are eager to achieve more championships, which makes it easy for any new coach.”
Recently, Marcos Paquetá said that he received a serious offer from The White Knights. Also, Ahmed Mortada, admitted that the agent of Dutch coach Martin Jol has given a preliminary agreement to coach Zamalek.