The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Mido: I think Zamalek’s next coach will be Egyptian
Zamalek’s board are still looking for a new manager for the team, since Jesualdo Ferreira left and was officially announced as the new manager for Qatari club Al-Sadd. However, the board confirmed that the next coach will not be Egyptian.
“I feel Zamalek’s administration will not appoint a foreign manager, there is a big chance that they will appoint an Egyptian manager,” ‘Mido’ said to Al Hayat 2 TV channel.
The young coach recently revealed that he was contacted by Mortada Mansour, but ‘Mido’ informed him that he can not leave Ismaily.
“The board will resort to the current technical staff which includes Tarek Mostafa and Samy El-Shishiny and Medhat Abdel-Hady, in addition to more technical authorities for Ismael Youssef,” he explained.
El-Shishiny and Mostafa were announced as Zamalek’s new interim coaches right after Ferreira’s departure.
“I wish Zamalek’s board good luck and a quick decision before the league starts again,” he added. “The new manager’s mission won’t be easy, as he will be compared to Ferreira. However, Zamalek’s players are special and they are eager to achieve more championships, which makes it easy for any new coach.”
Recently, Marcos Paquetá said that he received a serious offer from The White Knights. Also, Ahmed Mortada, admitted that the agent of Dutch coach Martin Jol has given a preliminary agreement to coach Zamalek.