Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
VIDEO: Mohamed El-Nenny scores as Basel beat Luzern
Mohamed El-Nenny scored his side’s third goal of the match as Basel eased to a 3-0 win against Luzern in the Swiss Super League on Sunday.
Basel came into the match on the back of a 2-2 draw with Fiorentina in the Europa League, a result that saw the Swiss side qualify for the Round of 32.
El-Nenny had scored in that match, and he made it two in two against a poor Luzern side at St. Jakob-Park.
Birkir Bjarnason opened the scoring in the 7th minute, finishing well into the far corner after holding off the challenge of his marker.
Davide Callà extended his side’s advantage 19 minutes later, slotting home from the rebound after Marc Janko’s header came off the upright.
The Egyptian midfielder’s 32nd-minute strike was by far the best of the lot; El-Nenny exchanged one-two passes with Delgado twice before unleashing a monstrous 25-yard strike into the back of the net to send the home fans into raptures.
The 23-year-old would go on to receive a yellow card in a goalless second half, but Basel fans would still vote him as their Man of the Match as their team maintained their seven-point lead at the top of the table.