Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Sam Morsy’s Chesterfield sack manager Dean Saunders
League One side Chesterfield have sacked manager Dean Saunders following a heavy defeat to Swindon Town on Saturday.
The 51-year-old manager was sacked after just six months in charge following a 4-0 home defeat to Swindon Town, leaving the club in 16th place in the league table.
Dean Saunders was appointed following Paul Cook’s departure for Portsmouth, but the Welshman lost 11 of his 20 league games in charge.
A club statement read: “Chesterfield have parted company with manager Dean Saunders and his assistant Brian Carey following a 4-0 defeat at home to Swindon Town.
“An interim management team, which will be announced in due course, will take temporary charge prior to the appointment of a new manager.”
Chairman Dave Allen added: “We will not be rushed into making a decision on a new manager.”
The Spireites haven’t won a league game since 31 October when they beat Fleetwood 1-0 away from home.