Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
El-Nenny wishes to win Europa League
Mohamed El-Nenny talked about his recent tremendous performance with FC Basel and the national team this season and his hopes for the Europa League.
“I’ve noticed how important shooting is for midfield players, which made me give it more attention during training,” explained the 23-year-old to Sada El Balad TV channel.
The former Arab Contractors player talked about the encouragement he receives from his coach to have a more attacking role and how scoring goals made everyone more happy. “Even though I always get an A for effort in every game, yet I don’t leave a mark that fans can notice. But when you score in any game, everyone starts noticing and talking about you,” he explained.
“My dreams are endless with Basel, I don’t mind staying there for the next 20 years, but If I receive a good offer that is worthy and satisfies Basel and myself then I won’t mind leaving,” he added.
El-Nenny concluded his talk by saying that he would love to reach the Europa League final and win the cup, especially because it will be played on St. Jakob-Park.