Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Etoile’s Bounedjah out for two months with broken ankle
Etoile striker Baghdad Bounedjah has been ruled out for two months after breaking his ankle in Etoile’s game against Orlando Pirates in the second leg of 2015 CAF Confedration Cup final.
The Algerian striker was injured after 18 minutes and was replaced by the Brazilian striker Acosta in order to be taken to the hospital immeditaely. Bounedjah underwent a successful operation on Sunday on his ankle and will be absent for two months according to the club’s doctor.
Bounedjah joined Etoile Sahel on loan from the Qatari side Al-Sadd for six months and expected to return to the Qatari side at the end of the year which means that his career with Etoile is over after that injury.
The 24-year-old striker helped his side to win the Confedration Cup, after scoring seven goals to lead the tournament’s top scorer. The Tunisian club won the continental title after beating Orlando Pirates 2-1 on aggregate to claim its fourth title in the tournament.