Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Etoile’s Bounedjah out for two months with broken ankle
Etoile striker Baghdad Bounedjah has been ruled out for two months after breaking his ankle in Etoile’s game against Orlando Pirates in the second leg of 2015 CAF Confedration Cup final.
The Algerian striker was injured after 18 minutes and was replaced by the Brazilian striker Acosta in order to be taken to the hospital immeditaely. Bounedjah underwent a successful operation on Sunday on his ankle and will be absent for two months according to the club’s doctor.
Bounedjah joined Etoile Sahel on loan from the Qatari side Al-Sadd for six months and expected to return to the Qatari side at the end of the year which means that his career with Etoile is over after that injury.
The 24-year-old striker helped his side to win the Confedration Cup, after scoring seven goals to lead the tournament’s top scorer. The Tunisian club won the continental title after beating Orlando Pirates 2-1 on aggregate to claim its fourth title in the tournament.