KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Official: Ghaly reinstated as Al Ahly captain
Al Ahly chairman Mahmoud Taher reinstated veteran midfielder Hossam Ghaly as the team’s captain on Monday, according to the Red Castle’s official website.
Ghaly was stripped of captaincy after throwing the captain’s armband and kicking it following being sent off the field in his team’s 1-0 loss to Haras El-Hodood in the 2014/2015 Egyptian Premier League campaign.
The 34-year-old regained his title after six months during which striker Emad Meteb acted as the team’s regular captain.
Despite being stripped of the captaincy armband, Ghaly remained to be the team’s leader. After winning the Super Cup in October, Meteb, who was then the team’s captain, refused to lift the trophy and called on Ghaly to lift it.
Following the Super Cup incident, several voices have called for reinstating the former Tottenham player as the Red Devils captain. Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz said in a press conference on Sunday that Ghaly’s captaincy issue is in Mahmoud Taher’s hands.
The Red Devils are currently in a training camp in Dubai in preparation for the resumption of the Egyptian Premier League matches mid-December.