Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: goals aplenty on matchday one
The first day of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations saw goals all round as the battle for Rio 2016 spots kicked off proper.
Senegal kicked off the tournament with a 3-1 win over South Africa in a strong showing. The hosts raced to an early two goal lead courtesy of Keita. South Africa pulled one back but the game was seen off late on by Sarr.
Haythem Jouini scored either side of Kampamba to ensure an opening day win for Tunisia; over Zambia.
Nigeria held off a Mali comeback to win their, thrilling, encounter in M’Bour 3-2. Earlier in the day, Egypt and Algeria played out a 1-1 draw.
The top three finishers of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament.