Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: goals aplenty on matchday one
The first day of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations saw goals all round as the battle for Rio 2016 spots kicked off proper.
Senegal kicked off the tournament with a 3-1 win over South Africa in a strong showing. The hosts raced to an early two goal lead courtesy of Keita. South Africa pulled one back but the game was seen off late on by Sarr.
Haythem Jouini scored either side of Kampamba to ensure an opening day win for Tunisia; over Zambia.
Nigeria held off a Mali comeback to win their, thrilling, encounter in M’Bour 3-2. Earlier in the day, Egypt and Algeria played out a 1-1 draw.
The top three finishers of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament.