Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: goals aplenty on matchday one
The first day of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations saw goals all round as the battle for Rio 2016 spots kicked off proper.
Senegal kicked off the tournament with a 3-1 win over South Africa in a strong showing. The hosts raced to an early two goal lead courtesy of Keita. South Africa pulled one back but the game was seen off late on by Sarr.
Haythem Jouini scored either side of Kampamba to ensure an opening day win for Tunisia; over Zambia.
Nigeria held off a Mali comeback to win their, thrilling, encounter in M’Bour 3-2. Earlier in the day, Egypt and Algeria played out a 1-1 draw.
The top three finishers of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament.