ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: goals aplenty on matchday one
The first day of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations saw goals all round as the battle for Rio 2016 spots kicked off proper.
Senegal kicked off the tournament with a 3-1 win over South Africa in a strong showing. The hosts raced to an early two goal lead courtesy of Keita. South Africa pulled one back but the game was seen off late on by Sarr.
Haythem Jouini scored either side of Kampamba to ensure an opening day win for Tunisia; over Zambia.
Nigeria held off a Mali comeback to win their, thrilling, encounter in M’Bour 3-2. Earlier in the day, Egypt and Algeria played out a 1-1 draw.
The top three finishers of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament.