Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: goals aplenty on matchday one
The first day of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations saw goals all round as the battle for Rio 2016 spots kicked off proper.
Senegal kicked off the tournament with a 3-1 win over South Africa in a strong showing. The hosts raced to an early two goal lead courtesy of Keita. South Africa pulled one back but the game was seen off late on by Sarr.
Haythem Jouini scored either side of Kampamba to ensure an opening day win for Tunisia; over Zambia.
Nigeria held off a Mali comeback to win their, thrilling, encounter in M’Bour 3-2. Earlier in the day, Egypt and Algeria played out a 1-1 draw.
The top three finishers of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football tournament.