Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary has issued an apology to everyone at...
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla now or at the end of this season
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
‘Bored’ Mauritanian president halts Super Cup before regulation time
President of Mauritania, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, reportedly interrupted the Super Cup match between league champions FC Tevragh-Zeina and league cup champions ACS Ksar before regulation time and ordered it to be decided on spot kicks.
The head of state, who was in attendance, grew tired and was impatient by the tempo of the game, before bizarrely halting proceedings with 63 minutes on the clock.
Much to the match official’s dismay, they had no option but to follow Aziz’s orders, with Zeina emerging as winners.
The president of the Mauritanian FA turned a blind eye the moment the game was being halted prematurely, but later released a statement after an outcry by fans.
“I strongly deny that the president intervened. The decision was made due to organisational issues in accordance with the president and coaches of the two teams,” he told Gazzetta World.