Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
‘Bored’ Mauritanian president halts Super Cup before regulation time
President of Mauritania, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, reportedly interrupted the Super Cup match between league champions FC Tevragh-Zeina and league cup champions ACS Ksar before regulation time and ordered it to be decided on spot kicks.
The head of state, who was in attendance, grew tired and was impatient by the tempo of the game, before bizarrely halting proceedings with 63 minutes on the clock.
Much to the match official’s dismay, they had no option but to follow Aziz’s orders, with Zeina emerging as winners.
The president of the Mauritanian FA turned a blind eye the moment the game was being halted prematurely, but later released a statement after an outcry by fans.
“I strongly deny that the president intervened. The decision was made due to organisational issues in accordance with the president and coaches of the two teams,” he told Gazzetta World.