Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
‘Bored’ Mauritanian president halts Super Cup before regulation time
President of Mauritania, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, reportedly interrupted the Super Cup match between league champions FC Tevragh-Zeina and league cup champions ACS Ksar before regulation time and ordered it to be decided on spot kicks.
The head of state, who was in attendance, grew tired and was impatient by the tempo of the game, before bizarrely halting proceedings with 63 minutes on the clock.
Much to the match official’s dismay, they had no option but to follow Aziz’s orders, with Zeina emerging as winners.
The president of the Mauritanian FA turned a blind eye the moment the game was being halted prematurely, but later released a statement after an outcry by fans.
“I strongly deny that the president intervened. The decision was made due to organisational issues in accordance with the president and coaches of the two teams,” he told Gazzetta World.