Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ekramy: El-Hadary is Egypt’s only No.1 goalkeeper
Ekramy said that El-Hadary deserved this title when he used to contribute with the Egyptian national team on a regular basis.
“El-Hadary used to play with the national team on a regular basis starting from 2006 until 2010, and he didn’t miss any game, whether it was a friendly or an official match. That’s why he deserves to be called the No.1 goalkeeper in Egypt,” he added.
Ekramy said that neither he nor Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy could be given this title.
“The No.1 goalkeeper title doesn’t match El-Shennawy or match me, Essam El-Hadary is the only one who succeeded to earn this title during the past period,” he said.
“El-Shennawy and I usually don’t know who will be starting the match until few hours before the match starts,” he added.
The 32-year-old said that the Zamalek goalkeeper plays with the national team regularly based on the point of view of the national team goalkeeping coach Ahmed Nagy and the managing team.
“I do respect it and I try to do my best in the field in order to retain my place again in the national team,” he concluded.