Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Ferreira: I refused Al Ahly’s offer
The Portguese manager was interviewed by the Kuwaiti paper Al Anba following his appointment as the Qatari side new head coach after terminating his contract with Zamalek.
Ferreira was asked about about the reason why he left Zamalek despite of the success he achieved there and said: “I have not received my financial dues for a long time that’s why I decided to end my contract and search for another club to work with. I’m a professional manager, looking for my living. I’ll take my dues and rights from Zamalek.”
Ferreira claimed that there were some contact from Al Ahly with him: “Actually I received some verbal contacts to follow Fathi Mabrouk before they sign Peseiro but I refused to open the negotiations with the club as I respected Zamalek and its fans which I consider one of the best in the world,” Ferriera concluded.