Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Ismaily SC lose 3-0 to Esperance Tunis in friendly
Ismaily SC suffered a 3-0 loss to Esperance Tunis in the second match of their Tunisian tour. The match was played behind closed doors at Chedli Zouiten stadium.
The Dervishes settled badly into the game; conceding a goal in the second minute. Iheb Mbarki the goal scorer. The Tunisian fullback almost doubled his side’s lead midway through the first half but wasted a good chance. Esperance, enjoying an excellent run of form, made it 2-0 through talisman Fakhreddine Ben Youssef in the 34th minute.
The game was put beyond Ismaily SC when Tunisian league top scorer, Khenissi, netted the third from the spotkick on 56 minutes. The Tunisians then made a host of changes to see off the score. Mido’s side, however, gained some ascendancy but could not grab a consolation goal. Ismaily even got a penalty but Adel Taha failed to convert.
Ismaily had played out a 1-1 draw with Club Africain, Esperance’s rivals, in their first friendly of the Egyptian Premier League break.