Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
SC Braga lose to SL Benfica at home
SC Braga lost 0-2 to SL Benfica in the 11th round of the Portuguese league, at the Municipal de Braga stadium.
Egyptian striker Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ played the whole 90 minutes and came close to scoring for Braga three times including a shot which hit the woodwork.
The Egyptian was also booked in the 64th minute for protesting, after the referee refused to award his team a penalty.
Benfica scored the two goals early in the game; first through Pizzi in the third minute, and then through Lopez in the 11th minute.
The result puts Benfica ahead of Braga in third place with 21 points, while Braga sit in fourth with 20 points and an extra match played.