Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sofiane Feghouli voted best African in La Liga
Valencia midfielder Sofiane Feghouli was named La Liga’s best African player in the 2014-15 season at the gala LFP Awards ceremony on Monday.
Sofiane Feghouli, 25, was crowned the best African player in La Liga after scoring six times and assisting another six as Valencia finished 4th in the league.
Valencia’s attacking midfielder Sofiane Feghouli is the second Algerian player to win the award after the former Granada player Yacine Brahimi was voted the best African player of the 2013–14 season.
The Algerian was the only player outside from Spain’s two giants to be honoured as Barcelona claimed most of the awards while only three players from Real Madrid claimed an award.
Feghouli has featured 15 times for Valencia this season scoring three goals, leaving the Bats 9th in the league.
The 25-year-old joined Valencia in the summer of 2010 from French side Grenoble Foot 38 for a fee in the region of €3 million, according to transfermarkt.com.
— LaLiga (@LaLiga) November 30, 2015