Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Elmohamady features as Manchester City thrash Hull in Capital One Cup
An early goal from Wilfried Bony put the Citizens up in the 12th minute as the Ivorian scored from a left-footed shot from the center of the box after Kevin De Bruyne’s strike hit the post.
It looked like City were planning to finish it off in the first half after Bony’s early goal but the visitors held up and grew in confidence through the rest of the 45 minutes as Akpom had a good chance to equalize for the Tigers just before half-time but Caballero was in a good position to save.
After the break, City’s manager Manuel Pellegrini introduced Nigerian teenager Kelechi Iheanacho and Raheem Sterling in place of Bony and Navas in order to kill the game, which paid off in the 80th minute as Iheanacho turned in Sterling’s cross to double the Citizens lead before De Bruyne’s quick brace – including a delightful free-kick in the 87th minute.
The Tigers scored a late consolation goal through Andrew Robertson’s left-footed shot in the 92nd minute.
City will discover their opposition in the semi-finals when the draw takes place on Wednesday after the conclusion of the Southampton vs Liverpool game as Everton and Stoke have already qualified.
It’s worth noting that Elmo’s Hull sit fourth in the Championship as they set their sights towards a return to the Premier League next season.