The Bureau of the FIFA Council managed to agree on a proposed...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Ghaly: I have three goals to achieve before my retirement
Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly has announced the three goals he wants to achieve before finishing his footballing career and also revealed the relationship between him and Héctor Cúper.
The former Tottenham and Feyenoord player spoke about the goals he wants to achieve with Al Ahly and the Egyptian national team, after being reinstated as the Red Devils’ captain, adding that he didn’t receive any offers from Gulf clubs.
”I wish to end my career at Al Ahly, I haven’t received any offers from Gulf clubs,” Ghaly told Al Ahly channel.
”I also wish to play in the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro, in case the the Egyptian Olympic team chose me. I haven’t played in this tournament before as we couldn’t reach the 2004 Olympic games in Athens,” said the 33-year-old.
Hossam Ghaly was the part of the Egyptian Olympic team that couldn’t qualify for the 2004 Olympic games after they finished 4th in the group that joined Tunisia, Senegal and Nigeria.
”I also want to help the Egyptian national team to qualify for the 2018 World cup in Russia, we have a strong chance to qualify for the World Cup but we have to improve our ranking to increase our chances”
Ghaly, who has featured in 68 times for the national team, spoke about the relationship between him and the Egyptian national team manager Héctor Cúper.
”We didn’t speak directly before the Chad game, we have a normal relationship and he treats me well.
”I will try my best with my team and if he doesn’t choose me I will wish him all the best, but all the players must know that they have a huge responsibility in the World Cup qualifications.”
Héctor Cúper didn’t include Ghaly in the final 25-man squad for training camp in the UAE in October before calling him for the Chad game in the 2018 World Cup qualifications.