Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: Senegal advance to the last four
South Africa came from a goal down to garner a 3-1 lead thanks, largely, to the Orlando Pirates duo Masuku and Motupa. Zambia struck another one for a nervy finish. It was not to be and Zambia had their bid for a Rio 2016 place ended.
Backed by the home crowd, Senegal saw off Tunisia 2-0; becoming the first team to reach the last four and the only one remaining with a 100% record. Diedhiou opened the scoring in the first half with a spectacular strike from the halfway line. Senegal was never really in trouble but assured their fans the win with a Dallo goal six minutes from time.
Algeria eliminated Mali from contention to the 2016 Olympics men’s football tournament with a 2-0 win in M’Bour. Both goals came in the second half. USM Alger’s Ferhat netted his second of the tournament before Traore’s own goal late on confirmed Mali’s elimination.
While group B is still open, Tunisia and South Africa will face off with the winner finishing second in group A.