Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: Senegal advance to the last four
South Africa came from a goal down to garner a 3-1 lead thanks, largely, to the Orlando Pirates duo Masuku and Motupa. Zambia struck another one for a nervy finish. It was not to be and Zambia had their bid for a Rio 2016 place ended.
Backed by the home crowd, Senegal saw off Tunisia 2-0; becoming the first team to reach the last four and the only one remaining with a 100% record. Diedhiou opened the scoring in the first half with a spectacular strike from the halfway line. Senegal was never really in trouble but assured their fans the win with a Dallo goal six minutes from time.
Algeria eliminated Mali from contention to the 2016 Olympics men’s football tournament with a 2-0 win in M’Bour. Both goals came in the second half. USM Alger’s Ferhat netted his second of the tournament before Traore’s own goal late on confirmed Mali’s elimination.
While group B is still open, Tunisia and South Africa will face off with the winner finishing second in group A.