Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
U-23 Africa Cup of Nations round-up: Senegal advance to the last four
South Africa came from a goal down to garner a 3-1 lead thanks, largely, to the Orlando Pirates duo Masuku and Motupa. Zambia struck another one for a nervy finish. It was not to be and Zambia had their bid for a Rio 2016 place ended.
Backed by the home crowd, Senegal saw off Tunisia 2-0; becoming the first team to reach the last four and the only one remaining with a 100% record. Diedhiou opened the scoring in the first half with a spectacular strike from the halfway line. Senegal was never really in trouble but assured their fans the win with a Dallo goal six minutes from time.
Algeria eliminated Mali from contention to the 2016 Olympics men’s football tournament with a 2-0 win in M’Bour. Both goals came in the second half. USM Alger’s Ferhat netted his second of the tournament before Traore’s own goal late on confirmed Mali’s elimination.
While group B is still open, Tunisia and South Africa will face off with the winner finishing second in group A.