Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Egypt move up to pot 2 in December FIFA Rankings
The Egyptian national team have climbed to pot 2 in the latest FIFA world rankings as the Democratic Republic of the Congo moved to pot 3.
The Egyptian national team maintained its 57th position in the latest FIFA World rankings but took advantage of Cameroon and DR Congo who moved down in the rankings that was released on Thursday.
Egypt are now ranked 9th in Africa, with Senegal, who were dropped to 6th place, Congo, Guinea and Cameroon completing the Pot 2.
Ivory Coast have retained their position at the top, with Algeria, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands and Tunisia completing the top five on the continent.
Pot 1: Ivory Coast (19) – Algeria (28) – Ghana (33) – Cape Verde Islands (39) – Tunisia (40).
Pot 2: Senegal (44) – Congo (48) – Guinea (50) – Egypt (57) – Cameroon (59).
Pot 3: DR Congo (60) – Mali (62) – Uganda (63) – Nigeria (66) – South Africa (72).
Equatorial Guinea (69) Precedes the Bafana Bafana but they couldn’t qualify for the last round of the World Cup qualifications.
Pot 4: Zambia (73) – Morocco (75) – Gabon (76) – Libya (81) – Burkina Faso (89).
Meanwhile, Belgium remain top of the standings, ahead of Argentina, Spain, the World Cup winners Germany and Chile, who won the Copa America earlier this year.
World top 10: Belgium, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Chile, Brazil, Portugal, Colombia, England, Austria.