KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Egypt move up to pot 2 in December FIFA Rankings
The Egyptian national team have climbed to pot 2 in the latest FIFA world rankings as the Democratic Republic of the Congo moved to pot 3.
The Egyptian national team maintained its 57th position in the latest FIFA World rankings but took advantage of Cameroon and DR Congo who moved down in the rankings that was released on Thursday.
Egypt are now ranked 9th in Africa, with Senegal, who were dropped to 6th place, Congo, Guinea and Cameroon completing the Pot 2.
Pot 1: Ivory Coast (19) – Algeria (28) – Ghana (33) – Cape Verde Islands (39) – Tunisia (40).
Pot 2: Senegal (44) – Congo (48) – Guinea (50) – Egypt (57) – Cameroon (59).
Pot 3: DR Congo (60) – Mali (62) – Uganda (63) – Nigeria (66) – South Africa (72).
Equatorial Guinea (69) Precedes the Bafana Bafana but they couldn’t qualify for the last round of the World Cup qualifications.
Pot 4: Zambia (73) – Morocco (75) – Gabon (76) – Libya (81) – Burkina Faso (89).
Meanwhile, Belgium remain top of the standings, ahead of Argentina, Spain, the World Cup winners Germany and Chile, who won the Copa America earlier this year.
World top 10: Belgium, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Chile, Brazil, Portugal, Colombia, England, Austria.