Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Egypt move up to pot 2 in December FIFA Rankings
The Egyptian national team have climbed to pot 2 in the latest FIFA world rankings as the Democratic Republic of the Congo moved to pot 3.
The Egyptian national team maintained its 57th position in the latest FIFA World rankings but took advantage of Cameroon and DR Congo who moved down in the rankings that was released on Thursday.
Egypt are now ranked 9th in Africa, with Senegal, who were dropped to 6th place, Congo, Guinea and Cameroon completing the Pot 2.
Ivory Coast have retained their position at the top, with Algeria, Ghana, Cape Verde Islands and Tunisia completing the top five on the continent.
Pot 1: Ivory Coast (19) – Algeria (28) – Ghana (33) – Cape Verde Islands (39) – Tunisia (40).
Pot 2: Senegal (44) – Congo (48) – Guinea (50) – Egypt (57) – Cameroon (59).
Pot 3: DR Congo (60) – Mali (62) – Uganda (63) – Nigeria (66) – South Africa (72).
Equatorial Guinea (69) Precedes the Bafana Bafana but they couldn’t qualify for the last round of the World Cup qualifications.
Pot 4: Zambia (73) – Morocco (75) – Gabon (76) – Libya (81) – Burkina Faso (89).
Meanwhile, Belgium remain top of the standings, ahead of Argentina, Spain, the World Cup winners Germany and Chile, who won the Copa America earlier this year.
World top 10: Belgium, Argentina, Spain, Germany, Chile, Brazil, Portugal, Colombia, England, Austria.