After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Egypt to file complaint against Nigeria U-23 match referee
Egypt have confirmed they will file a complaint against Antoine Essouma, the referee who arbitrated Egypt Olympic team match against Nigeria in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.
Egypt made a great comeback against the Super Green Eagles, rebounding from a 2-0 loss in the first half to a 2-2 draw and even being close to snatching the winning goal. But the game had contained much controversial calls, with the two penalties given to Nigeria being the climax of events.
Egyptian FA board member Hamada Al Masry said that they will complain against the Cameroonian referee due to his “wrong decisions” during the encounter.
Egypt hold the third place in Group B with 2 points from 2 draws against Algeria and Nigeria respectively, with a game against Mali still to be played.