Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Egypt to file complaint against Nigeria U-23 match referee
Egypt have confirmed they will file a complaint against Antoine Essouma, the referee who arbitrated Egypt Olympic team match against Nigeria in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.
Egypt made a great comeback against the Super Green Eagles, rebounding from a 2-0 loss in the first half to a 2-2 draw and even being close to snatching the winning goal. But the game had contained much controversial calls, with the two penalties given to Nigeria being the climax of events.
Egyptian FA board member Hamada Al Masry said that they will complain against the Cameroonian referee due to his “wrong decisions” during the encounter.
Egypt hold the third place in Group B with 2 points from 2 draws against Algeria and Nigeria respectively, with a game against Mali still to be played.