A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Egypt to file complaint against Nigeria U-23 match referee
Egypt have confirmed they will file a complaint against Antoine Essouma, the referee who arbitrated Egypt Olympic team match against Nigeria in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.
Egypt made a great comeback against the Super Green Eagles, rebounding from a 2-0 loss in the first half to a 2-2 draw and even being close to snatching the winning goal. But the game had contained much controversial calls, with the two penalties given to Nigeria being the climax of events.
Egyptian FA board member Hamada Al Masry said that they will complain against the Cameroonian referee due to his “wrong decisions” during the encounter.
Egypt hold the third place in Group B with 2 points from 2 draws against Algeria and Nigeria respectively, with a game against Mali still to be played.