Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Hany Ramzy: Money and fame behind Saleh Gomaa’s drop of form
In a recent televised interview, Hany Ramzy pointed out several factors that contributed to the decline of Saleh Gomaa’s level since he joined Al Ahly in the summer from ENPPI.
“When Saleh Gomaa used to play under me for the Olympic National team, he was hungry for football. Not the lucrative material part of it, but to prove himself in the game,” Ramzy said during the interview.
“In the last two years, he lived amid many temptations of fame and stardom, while his financial status also improved when he joined Nacional.
“He also got affected by the conflict between Al Ahly and Zamalek to sign him in the summer. Now he is full of, consumed in nightlife, living in an atmosphere that doesn’t help him perform better physically.”
Concluding his interview, he gave a piece of advice to Gomaa saying, “Focus only on football, the journey of a player lasts for only 10 years. Not featuring in the main squad is often due to the player himself.”
It’s worth noting that Saleh Gomaa was part of the Egyptian team that flew to Senegal to take part of the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations, but missed Egypt’s two games against Algeria and Nigeria due to a hamstring injury.
The Pharaohs now occupy third place with 2 points, and are set to face Mali in the final match of the group stage on Saturday.