Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Abdel-Zaher: I’m waiting for my opportunity
Al Ahly striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher confirmed that he is set to remain with the club despite reports linking him with a move away from the Reds in the January transfer window.
Abdel-Zaher denied receiving any transfer offers and stated he wants to fight for his place in the team, “I have not received any offers from Wadi Degla or any other club to leave in January.”
“I’m just waiting for Peseiro and the coaching staff to give me an opportunity. I’m trying to prove myself to stay with Al Ahly,” he said.
He continued talking about the team’s training camp in UAE, “The team’s training camp in UAE was very beneficial, as it gave the coaching staff a good chance to know the players and their abilities more. It also came at the perfect time.”
“It was a great chance for Peseiro to know the team’s abilities without any pressure, especially as he took charge of the team only 3 days before the league starts,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Abdel-Zaher scored a spectacular goal in Al Ahly recent friendly against Dubai, a game where the Reds thrashed the Emirati side 4-0.