Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Abdel-Zaher: I’m waiting for my opportunity
Al Ahly striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher confirmed that he is set to remain with the club despite reports linking him with a move away from the Reds in the January transfer window.
Abdel-Zaher denied receiving any transfer offers and stated he wants to fight for his place in the team, “I have not received any offers from Wadi Degla or any other club to leave in January.”
“I’m just waiting for Peseiro and the coaching staff to give me an opportunity. I’m trying to prove myself to stay with Al Ahly,” he said.
He continued talking about the team’s training camp in UAE, “The team’s training camp in UAE was very beneficial, as it gave the coaching staff a good chance to know the players and their abilities more. It also came at the perfect time.”
“It was a great chance for Peseiro to know the team’s abilities without any pressure, especially as he took charge of the team only 3 days before the league starts,” he concluded.
It is worth noting that Abdel-Zaher scored a spectacular goal in Al Ahly recent friendly against Dubai, a game where the Reds thrashed the Emirati side 4-0.