An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Peseiro: I don’t know Amr El-Sulaya
Al Ahly manager José Peseiro claims that he doesn’t know Amr El-Sulaya, insisting that he didn’t ask the club to sign him.
José Peseiro spoke to the media staff that accompanied the team to their camp in Dubai and said, “I don’t know Amr El-Sulaya and I’m not aware of the position he plays in.”
He added, “I didn’t ask the club to sign him and I didn’t refuse either. I am only focusing on our current players. I don’t think about any player outside the group. I don’t think Al Ahly signed Sulaya or any other player as they would have returned to me if they had done.”
Peseiro admitted that he he is still discovering his players and said, “I haven’t worked with the team for the entirety of the two months I’ve been in charge. The league has stopped many times and there were injuries in our team, while other players joined the national teams. I still need some time to discover my players.”
When asked if he wants the club to make any new signings, he replied, “These words aren’t true. I’m still discovering the players and I can’t ask to sign or release any players.”
“They [the new signings] were brought in before my appointment and they will have their chances with the club if they convince us in training. I’ll need more two or three months to judge the team,” he concluded.