Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Peseiro: I don’t know Amr El-Sulaya
Al Ahly manager José Peseiro claims that he doesn’t know Amr El-Sulaya, insisting that he didn’t ask the club to sign him.
José Peseiro spoke to the media staff that accompanied the team to their camp in Dubai and said, “I don’t know Amr El-Sulaya and I’m not aware of the position he plays in.”
He added, “I didn’t ask the club to sign him and I didn’t refuse either. I am only focusing on our current players. I don’t think about any player outside the group. I don’t think Al Ahly signed Sulaya or any other player as they would have returned to me if they had done.”
Peseiro admitted that he he is still discovering his players and said, “I haven’t worked with the team for the entirety of the two months I’ve been in charge. The league has stopped many times and there were injuries in our team, while other players joined the national teams. I still need some time to discover my players.”
When asked if he wants the club to make any new signings, he replied, “These words aren’t true. I’m still discovering the players and I can’t ask to sign or release any players.”
“They [the new signings] were brought in before my appointment and they will have their chances with the club if they convince us in training. I’ll need more two or three months to judge the team,” he concluded.