Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Ahmed Fathi: Our aim is to win all trophies
Al Ahly right back Ahmed Fathi said that he’s feeling positive about Al Ahly’s camp in the UAE, asserting that the Red Devils will aim to win all the possible trophies.
The Red Castle’s training camp is held at the UAE between November 27 and December 7 in preparation for resuming the Egyptian Premier League mid-December.
“I am happy with Al Ahly’s camp and I think it is really positive, as it allows us to get along more with Peseiro,” Fathi said in reference to José Peseiro who took over as the Red Castle’s new coach in October.
“He is a very good manager, and he always talks with the players,” he added.
Fathi didn’t take part in the team’s training sessions during the camp as he was ruled out for one month after sustaining a knee injury during the team’s training session before traveling to the UAE.
“I am disappointed not to be involved into the group training due to the injury, but I might have a chance to take part in Saturday’s training,” he said.
The 31-year-old expressed his happiness for the board’s decision to reinstate Hossam Ghaly as Al Ahly captain.
“I am happy that Hossam Ghaly is reinstated as Al Ahly’s captain, he is of huge value and is a team leader even without the armband,” Fathi said.
Fathi also praised his teammates Bassem Ali and Mohamed Hany saying they are great players who have great abilities.
He admitted that this year’s league, which will be resumed on December 17, will be tough.
“The competition will be hard this year. But our goal is to win all trophies and we will do our best to achieve this goal,” Fathi said.
Fathi, who was recently excluded from the Egyptian national team squad, said that there is no communication between him and the Pharaoh’s technical team.
“I wish them success as reaching the World Cup is our dream…the players chosen for the national team are the best players in Egypt,” he concluded.