Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Elmohamady’s goal not enough as Hull City fall at Leeds
Looking to make up for their previous losses against Manchester City in the cup and Derby County in the league, Hull failed to find the result they were hoping for as they fell for the third straight time at Leeds United.
Hull were constantly pressing and full of energy but luck was clearly not on their side. In the 20th minute, the Tigers were to see centre-back Alex Bruce leave the field and be replaced by Curtis Davies. Just ten minutes later New Zealand international Chris Wood found the back of the net for Leeds to make it 1-0.
Leeds added a second before half-time when Tom Adeyemi made it 2-0 for his side in the 45th minute.
Ahmed Elmohamady was constantly pressing his side forward and finding passes into the box. The Egyptian right wing-back’s efforts eventually paid off when he was able to pull one back for his side in the 51st minute to make it 2-1.
However, the Tigers were dealt another blow in their promotion challenge as they failed to find the equaliser and the match went on to end 2-1.
Hull City, who now dropped to fourth in the league table, will look to bounce back against Bolton Wanderers in the Championship next Saturday.