Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Ibrahim Hassan: Hossam and I account for a quarter of Al Ahly’s history
Ex-Zamalek and Al Ahly defender Ibrahim Hassan disclosed the reason for his and his twin’s decision to skip Al Ahly’s 100 year celebratory gala and claimed they both spent 25 years at the Red Castle in an interview with the Sports and Youth Radio.
The former Egypt national team defender confirmed that the twin received an invitation from the club.
“We received an oral invitation unlike the other invitees who received formal invitation letters,” explained Hassan. “So, we turned it down.”
The 49-year-old also pointed out the role he and his brother had in the club.
“We share 25 years between us as Al Ahly players, which is a quarter of the club’s history,” he said.
Both twins started their careers at Al Ahly, before moving to arch rivals Zamalek later in their career. Both have taken on a career in managing.
Hossam Hassan was appointed the manager of Zamalek on two occasions, with Ibrahim serving as his assistant during the first stint, which lasted from 2009 to 2011.