Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Ibrahim Hassan: Hossam and I account for a quarter of Al Ahly’s history
Ex-Zamalek and Al Ahly defender Ibrahim Hassan disclosed the reason for his and his twin’s decision to skip Al Ahly’s 100 year celebratory gala and claimed they both spent 25 years at the Red Castle in an interview with the Sports and Youth Radio.
The former Egypt national team defender confirmed that the twin received an invitation from the club.
“We received an oral invitation unlike the other invitees who received formal invitation letters,” explained Hassan. “So, we turned it down.”
The 49-year-old also pointed out the role he and his brother had in the club.
“We share 25 years between us as Al Ahly players, which is a quarter of the club’s history,” he said.
Both twins started their careers at Al Ahly, before moving to arch rivals Zamalek later in their career. Both have taken on a career in managing.
Hossam Hassan was appointed the manager of Zamalek on two occasions, with Ibrahim serving as his assistant during the first stint, which lasted from 2009 to 2011.