Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Sfaxien chairman: Maaloul is on Al Ahly radar
Chairman of CS Sfaxien Lotfi Abdennadher said that there is no official offer from Al Ahly to sign Ali Maaloul, however, he confirmed Al Ahly’s interest in the player.
Several news reports have linked the Tunisian defender with a move to Al Ahly in the January transfer window.
Abdennadher stated in a press conference on Saturday morning that Al Ahly haven’t officially contacted CS Sfaxien over Maaloul.
“Maaloul is a very important player to our team and he’s the team’s captain, but until this moment no official offers have reached us,” Sfaxien president said.
The chairman of the Tunisian club however said that he knows that some individuals close to the Red Castle have discussed the possibility of Maaloul signing for Al Ahly.
“We know that he has been on Al Ahly radar for a while now, but no official offer was made,” he added.
Abdennadher refused to reveal his opinion on whether he would approve Maaloul’s move to Al Ahly.
“When there is an official offer from Al Ahly, you will know our decision,” Maaloul told the reporters.
The 25-year-old player has previously said that he welcomes a move to the Egyptian giants, but he confirmed that there isn’t a deal in place yet.
“Playing for Al Ahly would be a great honor, as any player wishes to play for them due to their huge accomplishments and achievements,” Maaloul told renowned presenter Ahmed Shobeir earlier in November.
Al Ahly are scheduled to face Sfaxien in a friendly on Sunday in Dubai, as part of the Red Castle’s training camp in the UAE.