Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Zamalek agree to appoint Paquetá as new manager
Zamalek board have agreed to appoint Marcos Paquetá as the new manager of the team, following the departure of former manager Jesualdo Ferreira.
The White Castle were looking to appoint a new coach after Ferreira decided to unilaterally cancel his contract with the club.
Following Ferreira’s departure, Zamalek have formed a committee including Hazem Emam, Ayman Younes, Ismail Youssef, and Ahmed Mortada who were responsible for choosing the team’s new manager.
The committee held a meeting on Saturday with the White Castle’s chairman Mortada Mansour, where they announced their agreement over choosing Paqueta for the position.
Following the meeting, Zamalek legend Hazem Emam said that Paquetá has an impressive experience and will be able to lead the team to win championships.
The Brazilian coach has previously said that he agreed to manage the club but is still pending finalizing the details of the deal and the official signing of the contract.
Mortada Mansour said on Saturday that the board have agreed to the technical committee’s decision to choose Paquetá as the new manager, saying that the Brazilian coach will arrive to Cairo to finalize the deal.
The 57-year-old was at the helm of the Saudi national team during the 2006 World Cup. In 2003, he won the U-17 World Championship and the U-20 World Championship with the Brazilian team.
Qatari side Al Gharafa have mutually terminated the contract of Paquetá in April, after a run of poor results.
According to various reports, Zamalek were considering two other managers along with Paquetá: Brazilian Paulo Campos and Romanian Laurentiu Reghecampf, while board member Ahmed Mortada Mansour claimed that former Tottenham and Hamburg manager Martin Jol is also a candidate.